[OSM-dev] What do we do with tags with empty keys or values?

Hakan Tandogan hakan at gurkensalat.com
Thu May 31 09:57:27 BST 2007

> Hi,
>
>> I thought about a script that would fetch those objects, remove the
>> empty
>> tags and write them back via the API, but some of them result
>> repeatedly
>> in the error 500...
>
> I have a half-finished script named "fixbot" that goes through the
> planet file, calls a callback function for each object it finds
> there, and gives the callback the opportunity to request saving an
> altered version of the object to the database server. If the callback
> does this, the current version is first retreieved from the database
> and compared to what was in the planet file (so we don't operate on
> old data), and if it is still the same, the change is commited. I
> haven't updated my script for 0.4 yet, and it isn't in SVN yet -
> email me if you want a copy.

This sounds suspiciously like what I wanted to build ;-) I have the 0.4
uploading part finished in another script of mine, combined with your
fixbot part, it could do the job... Could you please send me your script?

Regards,
Hakan

--
The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering...