[OSM-dev] What do we do with tags with empty keys or values?

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Thu May 31 09:00:06 BST 2007

Hi,

> I thought about a script that would fetch those objects, remove the
> empty
> tags and write them back via the API, but some of them result
> repeatedly
> in the error 500...

I have a half-finished script named "fixbot" that goes through the
planet file, calls a callback function for each object it finds
there, and gives the callback the opportunity to request saving an
altered version of the object to the database server. If the callback
does this, the current version is first retreieved from the database
and compared to what was in the planet file (so we don't operate on
old data), and if it is still the same, the change is commited. I
haven't updated my script for 0.4 yet, and it isn't in SVN yet -
email me if you want a copy.

Bye
Frederik