[OSM-dev] Yahoo Aerial Imagery

Dave Stubbs osm.list at randomjunk.co.uk
Tue Nov 6 20:40:44 GMT 2007

On 06/11/2007, Raghu Ram <raghuram.nadiminti at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>     I am new to OSM mailing list. I am working on a project that can process
> aerial images. I have seen on the OSM wiki that yahoo aerial imagery is
> under creative common's license. Is the license applicable for everyone or
> just the OSM group? Also how can I download the imagery?

I think that is incorrect.
The Yahoo imagery may be used to /derive/ CC-BY-SA vector data for use
in OSM (I don't know whether this is just for OSM). ie: we can make
maps from it by tracing.

To download the imagery you must use the Yahoo mapping APIs. These are
available from the Yahoo website in Flash and Javascript.