[OSM-dev] GPL stupidity

Milo van der Linden mlinden at zeelandnet.nl
Thu Nov 8 20:08:43 GMT 2007

Should:

"You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License
Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin Street, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA
02110-1301, USA."

Be changed to something like:

"A copy of the GNU General Public License for this program is
available at www.openstreetmap.org; You are commited to the latest
version of the license"

?

In the Netherlands, a large company recently won a courtcase where a client sued them for some issue, he claimed, that came from this company having their license information online.

My hope is refering to online content will get the same value as sending it along or using good old mail.

(excuse me for not using the proper grammar, I am no native english speaker)