[OSM-dev] Software development - most pressing issues

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Thu Nov 29 18:26:46 GMT 2007

Hi,

> Absolutely not. As Richard says we need to keep these separate as
> notes for surveyors because they need to be checked on the ground
> before being put in the main data set for copyright reasons.

Agree.

> The model we came up with before was to have a separate table that
> recorded tickets against lat/lon. A ticket could be added by clicking
> on the map and entering a brief description, and an (optional?) email
> address in case somebody wants to ask the reporter for more info.

Ideally a ticket would be able to cover an area and not just a lat/lon
(say I wanted to put a ticket for the whole of one suburb or so);
given that this will probably make the whole thing more cumbersome, a
simple radius in kilometres around the lat/lon would probably suffice
(applies to the immediate surroundings/the block/the village/the whole
forest, whatever).

Bye
Frederik