[OSM-dev] Josm-patches

Martijn van Oosterhout kleptog at gmail.com
Tue Oct 2 10:29:14 BST 2007

On 10/2/07, Marcus Wolschon <marcus at wolschon.biz> wrote:
> I just experienced that it did make debugging very hard (e.g. Getting
> NullPointerExceptions with no line-number as the only indication what
> went wrong. In that case it could have been checked easily a few lines
> before during initialisation of the preferences-dialogue.).

That's odd, whenever JOSM gets an exception it gives me 20+ lines of
backtrace. With source file names and line numbers. Maybe oyu need to
do something special to get that info in there, I don't remember if I
did anything...

That said, any exception you can trigger from the UI is a bug and
should be fixed. But exception handling isn't really needed in most
places. Nor is needless parameter checking.

Have a nice day,