[OSM-dev] Importing planet.osm into api0.5 db?

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Thu Oct 4 11:08:10 BST 2007

In message <4704B817.2060704 at bretth.com>
        Brett Henderson <brett at bretth.com> wrote:

> Jon Bright wrote:
>> 7074500 nodes got inserted.  The DB was created by first doing "create
>> database osm", then doing "rake db:migrate" in
>> svn.openstreetmap.org/sites/rails_port_0.5.  It seems like doing that
>> should give me a valid DB?  Then again, show table status is showing
>> "collation" as "latin1_swedish_ci"...
> Hmm, mine is utf8_general_ci.

I believe Frederik loaded the 0.5 database from the broken version
of planet last week, so it will probably contain nonsense.

All tables should have a collation of utf8_general_ci however if
you have created the database correctly. If that is not the case then
you are going to have a problem

There is a separate problem with the database where (we think) all
the data is double-encoded but that shouldn't be affecting you here.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)
http://www.compton.nu/