[OSM-dev] Importing planet.osm into api0.5 db?

Jon Bright jon at siliconcircus.com
Thu Oct 4 11:09:33 BST 2007

Hi Brett,

Brett Henderson wrote:
> Jon Bright wrote:
>> 7074500 nodes got inserted.  The DB was created by first doing "create
>> database osm", then doing "rake db:migrate" in
>> svn.openstreetmap.org/sites/rails_port_0.5.  It seems like doing that
>> should give me a valid DB?  Then again, show table status is showing
>> "collation" as "latin1_swedish_ci"...
> Hmm, mine is utf8_general_ci.
>
> What happens if you type "status"?  Do you get utf8 in all the
> characterset fields?

Hm, no:

Server characterset:    latin1
Db     characterset:    latin1
Client characterset:    latin1
Conn.  characterset:    latin1

Independent of this, shouldn't the migrations have made the tables UTF-8
anyway?  (I've cc-ed Tom, who seems to be the most likely person to know
this...)

I'll arrange to change the tables to utf8_general_ci collation manually
and try again.

--
Jon Bright
Silicon Circus Ltd.