[OSM-dev] mod_tile: Tile serving and Mapnik rendering with Apache

Jon Burgess jburgess777 at googlemail.com
Fri Oct 12 22:56:48 BST 2007

I've just committed to SVN an Apache module called mod_tile. I'm
intending this to be a future replacement for the mix of Ruby scripts
that tile.openstreetmap currently uses to render and serve tiles. My
main motivation for this was to develop a more scalable, efficient and
intelligent tile rendering process.

The code works fine for me on my local machine but isn't ready for
deployment yet. This is really a 'developer only' release, you'll need
to change some #define's etc to match your own setup. If you feel brave
and are familiar with the existing Mapnik / PostgreSQL / slippy map
setup then please take a look and let me know how you get on.

See svn.openstreetmap.org/applications/utils/mod_tile/readme.txt for
further details.

	Jon