[OSM-dev] Potlatch based OSM walkers editor

Nick Whitelegg Nick.Whitelegg at solent.ac.uk
Thu Oct 18 19:06:09 BST 2007

Hello Richard,

Would like to try and get this OSM walkers' editor off the ground, using
Potlatch as a base then adding my own stuff to allow Freemap users to
contribute walk routes, annotations etc, as detailed in the previous
email.

Know you've probably told me most of this before but this is how I
understand it.....

- There's a file you gave me which was a .swf, a compiled version of
potlatch.cgi with my OSM username/password in. I can put this on the
Freemap server and run the Flash movie on Freemap;
- Then a crossdoamin.xml needs to be put on OSM itself allowing requests
from free-map.org.uk.
- Nothing else needs to be done.

Is this correct?

Also would it be possible within the current architecture to write a proxy
script on Freemap to replace the need for a crossdomain.xml on the OSM
server or would this be tricky?

If not, could someone install a crossdomain.xml on OSM so I can start
playing?

Thanks,
Nick