[OSM-dev] Potlatch based OSM walkers editor

Richard Fairhurst richard at systemed.net
Thu Oct 18 21:04:58 BST 2007

Hello Nick,

> - There's a file you gave me which was a .swf, a compiled version of
> potlatch.cgi with my OSM username/password in. I can put this on the
> Freemap server and run the Flash movie on Freemap;

Any SWF I'll have given you will be very old and not 0.5-compliant, I
suspect!

But you can grab the current Potlatch (either just steal the SWF, or
compile it yourself from potlatch.cgi using Ming), and just put your
username/password in the 'token' variable (sent via the HTML) as
username+password. If you don't want to expose your username and
password in the HTML I guess you could set it via a cookie or
something else that Javascript can read.

> - Then a crossdoamin.xml needs to be put on OSM itself allowing
> requests
> from free-map.org.uk.
> - Nothing else needs to be done.
>
> Is this correct?

Yep.

> Also would it be possible within the current architecture to write
> a proxy
> script on Freemap to replace the need for a crossdomain.xml on the OSM
> server or would this be tricky?

It has to be on the OSM server AIUI - that's the point of
crossdomain.xml.

> If not, could someone install a crossdomain.xml on OSM so I can start
> playing?

I guess you've got svn access so could commit one - would need to go
in /sites/rails_port/public/ .

cheers
Richard