[OSM-dev] Osmosis on etch x86?

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Fri Oct 19 02:19:25 BST 2007

So, I decided I'd give osmosis a go tonight. After not understanding
that I can't just download from svn ... :) I got it from the .zip, an
extracted it.

Unfortunately, it seems that it requires sun-java6 on Debian etch... and
sun-java6 has a backport, but it's only built for i386.

Am I crazy to think that this won't work without me doing some work on
i386? Is there something magical that I'm missing that makes this all
work?

(Caveat: I've totally missed most osmosis conversation, and I'm *very
much* not a Java guy.)

For the record, the error message is:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.ClassFormatError:
com.bretth.osmosis.core.Osmosis (unrecognized class file version)

Regards,
--
Christopher Schmidt
MetaCarta