[OSM-dev] Osmosis on etch x86?

Brett Henderson brett at bretth.com
Fri Oct 19 04:07:02 BST 2007

Christopher Schmidt wrote:
> Ah! Yes. That does it :) thanks! Now running osmosis on planet +
> 2007-10-16 to create something newer. Thanks for that! I had forgotten
> that's what I'd done in the past. I'll report back in the morning after
> I update the planet to the latest osmosis dump and refresh the
> labs.mc.com/osm/ tiles.

Excellent.  Let me know if you have any problems.  This is all a bit
experimental.  I've done a lot of testing on 0.4 using consistent
snapshots as a base for changes.  The use of the inconsistent planets as
a base for applying changes may have unexpected wrinkles.  Changing to
0.5 *shouldn't* break anything but you never know what will turn up.

It would be worth starting from planet-071017.osm.bz2 if possible
because it has overlap with existing daily changesets.  Looks like there
is a 242MB planetdiff available to avoid a complete download.  If you
use the older planet I believe there'll probably be a window of missing
changes.  Using planet-071017.osm.bz2 as a base, I'd start applying
changes from 2007-10-15--10-16-00:01:01.osc.bz2 to be on the safe side.

I should be able to test this out myself tomorrow, but I'm away from a
decent net connection at the moment.