[OSM-dev] josm apple-click

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Fri Oct 19 12:04:01 BST 2007

Hi,

> Maybe we should work out a better mac JOSM behaviour?
>
> To be consistent it should really pan on two-finger scrolling in
> both axes right, like viewing an image, text or PDF. How you zoom,
> I don't know but maybe apple-two-finger-scroll?

I'm happy for any Mac users that submit something because I'm not
(normally) using JOSM on a Mac, and if so, then only on one with a
"proper" mouse and exchanged "alt" and "ctrl" keys, so I'm no use at
making things good for Mac users.

I do however have a vague idea about making all modifier keys and
mouse buttons configurable in JOSM, so that you can (at least within
a wide envelope) chose which input operations you want to result in
what. (I am not a Swing guru, maybe the whole accessibility framework
already has something that can be used to that effect, no idea.)

There's a piece of code somewhere that creates a new, empty
preferences file in case none exists. Maybe you want to take that and
put some platform detection in there, and then we could make the
defaults platform specific!

Bye
Frederik