[OSM-dev] Potlatch based OSM walkers editor

Nick Whitelegg Nick.Whitelegg at solent.ac.uk
Fri Oct 19 12:14:19 BST 2007

>If you ask Tom Hughes he can deploy your changes for you.

>It might be sensible, though, if you were to set up a Rails port
>instance on your development machine there, and test your changes
>there before connecting an externally-hosted Potlatch instance to the
>main server. The Potlatch API isn't really intended as "public-
>facing" and so it may take a bit of getting used to.

Hello Richard,

Just a thought... how easy coding wise - particularly now we have 0.5 -
that I just take the potlatch front end and do my own proxy-style back end
on Freemap which calls the normal OSM API direct, reducing dependency on
the potlatch server side API and allows me to store all user/password
information on my own server?

Thanks,
Nick