[OSM-dev] Routing over OSM data

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Sun Oct 21 19:11:12 BST 2007

On Sun, Oct 21, 2007 at 07:21:24PM +0200, Milo van der Linden wrote:
> Looking nice Christopher!
>
> Excellent. Only thing I notice is that one-way streets are not (yet)
> taken in account. Anyway, superb work!

That's actually intentional -- I had to do more work to get them *not*
taken into account :) The code in GraphServer SVn takes them into
account, but this is a walking planner for me.

More importantly, the actual OSM data in this small section is
incorrect: I haven't yet gone through and corrected the MassGIS data,
so "Western" and "River" (which appear to go the same  direction) are
actually wrong. (And Brookline isn't marked as one way at all, when it
actually is.)

The great benefit here is that when I correct the data, I can just grab
a new .osm file and have new data, which I couldn't do nearly as easily
with the shapefiles I did this against before :)

Regards,
--
Christopher Schmidt
MetaCarta