[OSM-dev] [OSM-talk] Tagwatch list for turkey

OJW streetmap at blibbleblobble.co.uk
Wed Oct 24 21:24:37 BST 2007

On Tuesday 23 October 2007 10:21:39 Hakan Tandogan wrote:
> I used OJW's excellent tagwatch script to create an overview of the area
> around turkey
> (http://www.gurkensalat.com/geostuff/osm-tagwatch/index_en.htm).
>
> Could we put the generated HTML pages somewhere on osm.org? OJW has an
> england extract, Jörg Elrichs one for germany, my extract is the third one

My idea for tagwatch was something along the lines of:
* Dedicated machine somewhere capable of parsing planet.osm weekly and hosting
the results
* Lots of photos and descriptions on the wiki pages that it uses as input, so
that it can help you find the right tags for any situation (and show you what
they mean, in any language)
* Graph tag usage over time, to show things rising/falling in popularity
* Voting features for "misspelling or legitimate" so that stupid stuff can be
in its own debug section and not in the recommended tags

The current perl script is just a mockup, to get people's opinions on whether
such a program would be worthwhile if we wanted to actually do it.

(reply to dev list I guess?)

Regards,

OJW

p.s. Interesting example of another website which tries to display a similar
sort of analysis (but in a different domain):

http://www.ohloh.net/projects/6540/analyses/latest/contributors?page=1