[OSM-dev] Tagwatch list for turkey

Hakan Tandogan hakan at gurkensalat.com
Wed Oct 24 21:46:10 BST 2007

OJW wrote:
> On Tuesday 23 October 2007 10:21:39 Hakan Tandogan wrote:
>> Could we put the generated HTML pages somewhere on osm.org? OJW has an
>> england extract, Jörg Elrichs one for germany, my extract is the third one
>
> My idea for tagwatch was something along the lines of:
> * Dedicated machine somewhere capable of parsing planet.osm weekly and hosting
> the results

A complete overview is really useful, but I'd still want to see usage
patterns for certain geographical areas. Otherwise, the AND and TIGER
uploads would completely swamp whatever tagging schemes were used in
other countries.

> * Lots of photos and descriptions on the wiki pages that it uses as input, so
> that it can help you find the right tags for any situation (and show you what
> they mean, in any language)

Yes, but the images should ideally be language sensitive. Some people
are not used to driving on the left side of the road ;-)

> p.s. Interesting example of another website which tries to display a similar
> sort of analysis (but in a different domain):
>
> http://www.ohloh.net/projects/6540/analyses/latest/contributors?page=1

Actually, I found that web site last week after it was mentioned in
osm-dev (i think it was -dev). They credit me with whopping 26 commits
to OpenStreetMap ;-)

Regards,
Hakan

--
The Key To Immortality Is First Living A Life Worth Remembering.