[OSM-dev] Creating Easy Map Embedding

Andrew Turner ajturner at highearthorbit.com
Thu Oct 25 12:50:12 BST 2007

On Oct 25, 2007, at 4:28 AM, Tom Hughes wrote:

> I was probably generalising a bit too much - it has overall served
> us fine to date. There are limits to how far it will scale though.

Tiles are just static images. The only *server software* that should
be hit should be Apache. And apache is quite fast/robust.

Why not just put the tiles in an S3 bucket? Let Amazon deal with the
problem. Or flex one of the other offers of hosting to do this as a
test-drive. Then put up a DNS to point to it so that if the service
moves, you can just repoint the DNS.