[OSM-dev] Tiles disk on dev almost full.

spaetz osm at sspaeth.de
Wed Oct 31 10:24:53 GMT 2007

On Tue, Oct 30, 2007 at 02:24:17PM +0100, Dirk-Lüder Kreie wrote:

> According to
> http://munin.openstreetmap.org/openstreetmap/dev.openstreetmap.html the
> tiles disk on dev (hdd) will be filled by the end of the week. Are there
> any plans (LVM, Raid, new disk) to cope with the growing tileset?

I think we can safely delete the "cycle" layer for now (which served as experimental lowzoom for me). It is not really being used and I think consensus was to not offer too many layers from osm infrastructure. I will also move the maplint layer to an so far unused partition which has another 80GB free.

However, given the tremendous growth we currently see, we should think of some ways to make use of more disk space in that rack we already got.

TomH, any ideas on how we could take advantage of that?

spaetz