[OSM-dev] forum.openstreetmap.org

spaetz osm at sspaeth.de
Wed Oct 31 11:12:37 GMT 2007

On Wed, Oct 31, 2007 at 11:21:29AM +0100, Frederik Ramm wrote:

> I know Spaetz had set up some other forum software but, with all
> respect, that's useless

Pfeww, I'm just glad you don't describe me as useless, but just the software :-).
Seriously, I have not set up a competing forum, I have set up an experiment to try to get something like single sign on working. I never intended this as a replacement for existing communities and I certainly never intend to take the forum maintenance from Lambertus.

> the forum community is
> important, and there is an existing communitiy that works with
> Lambertus' forum software and him as the admin.

Nobody questions that, but that is independent of the question on which box the forum should be hosted. Lambertus and the existing community could use the forum here or there basically without even noticing. My opinion is that, why should a cash-strapped organization turn down an offer for such a self-hosted forum while dev struggles to keep up with the busy bee house that is OSM.

spaetz