[OSM-dev] Osmosis Replication Statistics

Martijn van Oosterhout kleptog at gmail.com
Sat Sep 1 09:50:19 BST 2007

On 9/1/07, Brett Henderson <brett at bretth.com> wrote:
> Not quite sure what you mean when you say the spacing is important.  How
> do I determine if the number is the start of a polygon point or if it is
> a header?  Is one indented and the other not, or should I just count the
> number of tokens on a line?

The perl code says basically, if a line begins with whitespace it's
data, otherwise it's a begin/end tag. I didn't invent this format,
just going with what's there.

> On the negative selection point, do you mean you'd create a section like
> this to exclude an area?
>
> !5
>
> -0.6450E+01     0.4980E+02
> -0.2000E+01     0.4890E+02
>
> END

Yeah, but with indentation for the data and without the blank lines.

> Finally, what precedence order do overlapping polygons have in the
> file?  If I have a positive area (one without the !) overlapping with a
> negative area, is it the order in the file that takes precedence or do
> negative areas always take precedence.  The java.awt.geom.Area class
> appears to be quite powerful and should allow fairly complex Area
> arithmetic to be performed.

What I currently do is: selected = inside ANY positive area and
outside ALL negative areas. But I'm flexible. I just added support for
what we needed for AND but if you have suggestions about improvements
I'd be glad to hear it. I considered the "last match" rule, but
couldn't convince myself it allowed people to do everything they
wanted.

Have a nice day,