[OSM-dev] Osmosis Replication Statistics

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Sat Sep 1 20:42:03 BST 2007

Hi,

> > I can't read perl to save myself :-)  And I can't run that particular
> > app without installing the math polygon library manually from CPAN so I
> > couldn't get it to spit out the usage instructions.  But I did dig this
> > section out of the program which describes the polygon format.
>
> The format is design by the person who created extract script, it has
> nothing to do with the library itself.

My bad!

I wrote the original "extract-germany.pl" from which the more general
polygon extractor was distilled. I got the Germany border polygon from
a US based web service,

http://www.maproom.psu.edu/cgi-bin/dcw/dcwarea.cgi?Europe

and thought others would be likely to use this service - so I just
implemented the polygon format that they were using on output.

Bye
Frederik