[OSM-dev] Ideas for speeding up the TIGER import

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Sat Sep 1 18:17:59 BST 2007

In message <1188659618.5410.523.camel at localhost.localdomain>
          Jon Burgess <jburgess777 at googlemail.com> wrote:

> The existing DB server has insufficient disk space to hold all the Tiger
> data. There is a tentative plan to replace this server to a new machine
> with much more disk space & RAM. Perhaps importing the Tiger data on to
> this machine directly and then pulling in the current OSM data on top of
> a Tiger DB on this new machine may be the best way to go.

Well my plan started off at doubling the disk space, but that was
before I realised the size of the Tiger data set ;-)

The current situation is not quite as bad as it looks because there
is quite a lot of free space in the Inno files that looks used on the
disk graphs.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)