[OSM-dev] Too many slow queries in db

80n 80n80n at gmail.com
Tue Sep 4 09:35:22 BST 2007

On 9/4/07, Tom Hughes <tom at compton.nu> wrote:

> In message <20070904091233.p25hyf9pcg80goww at webmail.systemed.net>
>         Richard Fairhurst <richard at systemed.net> wrote:
>
> > Tom Hughes wrote:
> >
> >> The issue is having a usable database once the data is in, not getting
> >> it in there.
> >
> > It's only one very very little part of the problem, but we could move
> > GPS traces to a different box.
>
> Not trivial in rails, but I believe it is possible.

I don't understand why rails would be a constraint.  If you move the *whole*
GPX solution to, say, gpx.openstreetmap.org then you have a completely
separate rails instance as well.

In the short term, just turn off the whole GPX thing if it's slowing down
the API.  We can live without it for a while.

I don't however