[OSM-dev] upload josm files from console

Alex Mauer hawke at hawkesnest.net
Tue Sep 4 19:52:41 BST 2007

Joerg Ostertag wrote:
> For the use of this feature it would be important to save the osm file after
> uploading. Just in case the upload stops after half uploading. Then you have
> a file with half the uploads to restart the upload.

This reminds me, how does JOSM(-latest) currently handle that sort of
thing?  I'm doing the relatively massive upload of my county (not that
my count is particularly dense, but it's far bigger than the uploads I
usually do., and JOSM is regularly stopping partway through.  I assume
if I just hit upload again it will resume where it left off, but should
I be very careful about saving the .osm file regularly (like after each
connection failure), to prevent it from uploading duplicate
nodes/segments/ways?  Or will it/OSM prevent that from happening?

-Alex Mauer "hawke"