[OSM-dev] Too many slow queries in db

Dave Hansen dave at sr71.net
Tue Sep 4 22:16:24 BST 2007

On Tue, 2007-09-04 at 22:11 +0100, Jon Burgess wrote:
> I'm not doing this just for the hell of it. I'm downloading them so that
> they'll be available on a Mapnik layer either on my home web server or
> another layer on the main OSM tile server.
>
> The ones I've downloaded are on the map at:
> http://www.jburgess.uklinux.net/tiger-mapnik.html
>
> What do you recommend as a method to acquire the data?

I'd download the ruby code and generate the OSM files directly from the
TIGER data.  I'd be happy to help you get running with this if you need
help.

Basically, get this:

	http://sr71.net/~dave/osm/tiger/tiger-to-osm-v0.7.tar.gz

and run 'sh tiger-zip-to-osm [optional regex]'.  It'll start downloading
TIGER data from the census bureau generating the .osm files.

-- Dave