[OSM-dev] upload josm files from console

Dave Hansen dave at sr71.net
Tue Sep 4 23:12:59 BST 2007

On Tue, 2007-09-04 at 22:36 +0100, Tom Hughes wrote:
> In message <1188940150.28903.380.camel at localhost>
>           Dave Hansen <dave at sr71.net> wrote:
>
> > I asked on dev@ how to handle these properly.  According to TomH: 'A 500
> > error doesn't mean "server too busy"'.  I've attached his reply.
> >
> > Although Tom fixed the server to more aggressively retry when it sees
> > 500 errors due to mysql deadlocks, I'm still seeing a few of them.  So,
> > this isn't as big of a deal as it was a week ago.
>
> Well you haven't told me you're still seeing them! As far as I was
> concerned the problem was fixed!

Yeah, I should have reported them.  But, I can't make a decent bug
report on them, because they're much lower in frequency.  One county
with 100,000 objects might see 5 errors, while I was seeing 100 before.
I don't feel like I can make a good bug report, just yet.

> I think you might still get one if I deploy a code update, as the
> clean restart stuff in rails doesn't seem to work properly. Other
> than that it shouldn't happen and I want to know if it does.

What kind of data can I collect to make it easier?  Timestamps perhaps?
Anything else?

-- Dave