[OSM-dev] 500 errors during TIGER upload

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Wed Sep 5 18:13:18 BST 2007

In message <1189010129.21340.9.camel at localhost>
          Dave Hansen <dave at sr71.net> wrote:

> Here's a more extensive list.  I'm not sure, but I think these started
> around the time that the AND upload began.  Let me know if you need more
> examples.  I'm sure I'll see a few more.

My working hypothesis is that they are happening each time the
server restarts, which is every 10000 requests or something.

You probably had longer request queues when there were four
uploads competing for three daemons and hence more requests
affected each time it happened.

Unfortunately I'm not sure there is anything that can be done
about it while we're using FastCGI. I don't know if switching
to Mongrel would be any better or not without looking into it.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)
http://www.compton.nu/