[OSM-dev] 500 errors during TIGER upload

Dave Hansen dave at sr71.net
Wed Sep 5 18:19:24 BST 2007

On Wed, 2007-09-05 at 18:13 +0100, Tom Hughes wrote:
> In message <1189010129.21340.9.camel at localhost>
>           Dave Hansen <dave at sr71.net> wrote:
>
> > Here's a more extensive list.  I'm not sure, but I think these started
> > around the time that the AND upload began.  Let me know if you need more
> > examples.  I'm sure I'll see a few more.
>
> My working hypothesis is that they are happening each time the
> server restarts, which is every 10000 requests or something.

Would this affect just a single request, or does it continue during a
restart where the action may take several seconds?  From what I just
sent, it looks like they occurred over a 140 second period of time.

> Unfortunately I'm not sure there is anything that can be done
> about it while we're using FastCGI. I don't know if switching
> to Mongrel would be any better or not without looking into it.

Where does that 10,000 request limit come from?  I've heard it
mentioned, but I don't know about its origin.

-- Dave