[OSM-dev] josm: Gentoo package and plugins

Andreas Volz lists at brachttal.net
Fri Sep 7 21:47:02 BST 2007

Am Thu, 6 Sep 2007 14:40:14 +0200 schrieb Hanno Böck:

> Hi,
>
> I'm currently trying to get a josm-package for gentoo ready. I'm a
> bit unsure which plugins to integrate. For now, my plans would
> probably be something like this:
> having a base-package, which contains just the language plugins
> (depending on the users settings) and osmarender. Beside, I'll
> introduce a josm-plugins-package, which contains everything else that
> seems worth including.
>
> Tell me what you think.

Hello,

Feature request:

If you are packaging some Gentoo packages. Don't forget "osm2pgsql".
I would be happy to see them as Gentoo package.

BTW: I have completely lost the overview about the OSM SVN and the
various versions of the software there. Software maintainers have no
chance to release any stable versions of their software. Perhaps we
could use a tool like gforge[1] to manage file releases in subprojects.

Without this we could only create packages with SVN checkout date as
version number.

regards
Andreas

[1] http://gforge.org/