[OSM-dev] Mapnik XML file?

Joerg Ostertag openstreetmap at ostertag.name
Sun Sep 9 08:17:17 BST 2007

> Another first and simple step is to move the Mapnik data
> from /home/steve/symbols/ to /usr/share/osm/symbols or similar.

Yes please !!!

> This
> would save some useless sed work without hurting someone.

Yes !!!

> What do you think about these ideas?

I started to collect all the icons/symbols for our maps in the svn-directory
http://svn.openstreetmap.org/applications/share/map-icons/.  This directory
should contain all needed icons. If there are icons missing in there, please
add them.
An Overview page with all these Icons can be found at
http://www.gpsdrive.de/development/map-icons/overview.en.shtml
The mappaint-plugin in josm already uses these icons too. And gpsdrive
too, ...
I also have build two debian package which containe and install these icons to
	/usr/share/map-icons
They are called
	openstreetmap-map-icons
and
	openstreetmap-map-icons-restricted.
So my suggestion would be to change the osm.xml to retrieve the icons from
this directory.

Does that sound like a good start/plan?

-

Joerg