[OSM-dev] Osmarender hole

D Tucny d at tucny.com
Sun Sep 9 11:33:27 BST 2007

On 09/09/2007, Tom Permutt <natashafatale.54532583 at bloglines.com> wrote:

> Can anyone explain why there is a hole in the Osmarender layer at tileset
> 1173, 1562?  If I request rendering through informationfreeway, it doesn't
> even show up in the queue.
>
> Tom Permutt

Hi,

It only became obvious what you meant by a hole when I looked at the
surrounding area...
e.g. http://tah.openstreetmap.org/Browse/?x=1173&y=1562&z=12&layer=tile

That tile was last rendered on the 27th August (
http://dev.openstreetmap.org/~ojw/Tiles/info.php?x=1173&y=1562&z=12&layer=tile),
the tiles around it however have all been rendered more recently...

I tried to request a re-render and as you said, it doesn't appear to show up
in the queue, however, as the requests page only shows the latest 30
requests, and, if something is already queued, it won't get added to the
queue a second time, then that could suggest it is already somewhere in a
queue...
http://dev.openstreetmap.org/~ojw/Log/Requests/test.php?x=1173&y=1562<http://dev.openstreetmap.org/%7Eojw/Log/Requests/test.php?x=1173&y=1562>
shows that a re-render has been requested, i.e. it's in the pending or new
queue. The fact that it was probably in this state when you were trying to
do something earlier and it's still there now could suggest that the area is
proving problematic. Having tried it, the API doesn't seem very responsive
to requesting that area... That said, API doesn't seem very response at all
now...