[OSM-dev] Renderer request: railroad

Abigail Brady morwen at evilmagic.org
Mon Sep 10 20:22:50 BST 2007

On 9/10/07, Shaun McDonald <shaun at shaunmcdonald.me.uk> wrote:

> There is also railway=disused, which is on the map features page, but
> isn't currently rendered. I have tried to use it near me, but it's
> not rendered. Maybe we should render both of them the same?

disused and abandoned sound good.

I've tagged a few railway lines in Leicestershire and surrounds which don't
exist anymore as railway=dismantled - it would be a bit odd if the route of
the ECML branch through the eastern Leicester suburbs were to be rendered,
as it went on viaducts that simply don't exist anymore.  I hope eventually
to tag it with information as to when it closed, to allow period maps to be
rendered...

It'd be nice if we could get railway=construction ; construction=station on
nodes renderering somehow.

--
Abi