[OSM-dev] OSM TIGER

Dave Hansen dave at sr71.net
Tue Sep 11 02:50:27 BST 2007

On Mon, 2007-09-10 at 16:47 -0400, Tom Permutt wrote:
> Dave - It's not urgent, but I'd appreciate it if you moved Montgomery
> County and Baltimore City, Maryland up in the queue, behind whatever
> is being actively worked on but ahead of The Rest.  Baltimore City is
> FIPS code 24510, as opposed to Baltimore County 24005, which is done
> already.  Unfortunately some lists just have them both as "Baltimore,"
> and some erroneously suppress one or the other as redundant.  They are
> disjoint.

Yeah, I just recently had to fix this in my scripts.  I should have them
in there now.

> A few more notes from the field:
>
> 1.  Osmarender seems to be choking on at least one tile containing
> both TIGER and (a very little of) my data, in Howard County.  Search
> the map for 21044 and you'll see what I mean.  The Mapnik version
> looks good, though.

Can you makes sure the osmarender folks get a good buf report on this?

> 3.  Most curved links have highway=motorway_link, even if they link
> residential streets.  This looks rather silly, but again, will
> eventually get cleaned up by hand.

I've added a JOSM validator plugin "wish list" item for this.

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/JOSM/Plugins/Validator#Wish_list

Eventually, I'd like to see that code re-used without JOSM and run on
the planet dumps in order to fix recurring problems.

-- Dave