[OSM-dev] API 0.5 is on the way

Thomas Walraet thomas at walraet.com
Tue Sep 11 09:42:27 BST 2007

bvh a écrit :

> I'd love to update Merkaartor but given the poor state of information
> on the new API that is just not possible from the specification alone.
>
> Adding insult to the injury the WIKI page actually states that the
> 0.5 API description is removed untill it goes into production...
> Which means that third party developers like myself have zero
> chance of getting a working version ready. Certainly not by beginning
> of october, the proposed switchover date. Not nice.

Minus "relation" addition (which could be ignored by third party program
at the beginning) and version number, the only change is the structure
of the way element.

The change is explained on this page :
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php?title=OSM_Protocol_Version_0.5

And the URL of a working test server is provided.