[OSM-dev] API 0.5 is on the way

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Tue Sep 11 12:15:38 BST 2007

Hi,

> Is there a plan to integrate feature as the tags predicate from
> osmxapi (http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/Osmxapi)?

No.

The more things you change at the same time, the more complex
everything becomes. We didn't even want to do relations and segment
removal at the same time initially, but in this case both benefit
from each other *and* a lot of software has to be changed so it seemd
worthwile.

Osmxapi is a great thing but incorporating its functionality into the
central API is not something that I would somehow tie to 0.5; if
desired and practical, that can be done at any later (or earlier)
point in time.

Bye
Frederik