[OSM-dev] [OSM-talk] All TIGER upload requests completed

Dave Hansen dave at sr71.net
Mon Sep 17 23:20:46 BST 2007

On Mon, 2007-09-17 at 14:17 -0700, Beej Jorgensen wrote:
> Dave Hansen wrote:
> > I believe that all of the TIGER counties that people have asked me to
> > upload have been or are currently being uploaded.
> >
> > So, if there's a county that you want that hasn't made it yet, please
> > ask me to have it bumped in the queue.  If you already asked me and it
> > hasn't been done, I might have dropped your email, so feel free to ask
> > again.
>
> What's the policy about existing areas?  There's a small fraction of 1%
> of the roads in Alameda County, CA, done...I'd be willing to deal with a
> tiger overlay/cleanup, but it looks like 1-2 other people have put in a
> small amount of work, too.

I'd say make a decent effort to find the other mappers, if you think
there is enough data there that somebody will get upset if we upload all
over it.

If it really is small amounts of a county that have already been mapped,
I say just do the TIGER upload for now, and we'll sort it out later.

BTW, Alameda is already done.

-- Dave