[OSM-dev] [OSM-talk] Export Tab

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Thu Sep 20 15:50:37 BST 2007

Hi,

> Been talked about a lot with great enthusiasm but nothing's been
> implemented, so I guess it's time to move the discussion over to dev
> in preparation for actually doing something.

Might be worthwile to think about a queueing mechanism, i.e. you
request something and enter an E-Mail address and it gets delivered
when it is ready (or you're assigned a unique URL and told to check
back later).

Generating stuff on the fly will work for the simple formats at the
moment, but as soon as we have many requests and/or complex
conversions everything will break down. So better create a queueing
mechanism right now into which we can then integrate various backends.

Bye
Frederik