[OSM-dev] [OSM-talk] Export Tab

Thu Sep 20 15:24:10 BST 2007

Mikel Maron wrote:

>> Yes! This is definitely one of the actions that the 4th tab
>> "Export" (or "Use"?) should provide.
>
> +1
> I'm not sure if an Export tab has been in discussion so far..

Been talked about a lot with great enthusiasm but nothing's been
implemented, so I guess it's time to move the discussion over to dev
in preparation for actually doing something.

Easy places to start:

- Oliver's whizzy single-image export
- Export .osm

Slightly more difficult:

- Garmin .img?
- .pdf?
- .svg? (link to an Osmarender installation on dev?)
- .ai?
(http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/Exporting_to_Adobe_Illustrator)
- .shp and other molto bizarro GIS formats

And (bandwidth permitting) we need a Google Maps-like API so people
can do those nasty mashups they will insist on doing: presumably this
is all available in OpenLayers but the how-to could do with being made
a bit more obvious.

cheers
Richard