[OSM-dev] [OSM-talk] Export Tab

Sebastian at SSpaeth.de Sebastian at SSpaeth.de
Fri Sep 21 07:36:48 BST 2007

On Thu, Sep 20, 2007 at 10:53:18PM +0100, Robert (Jamie) Munro wrote:
> > Generating stuff on the fly will work for the simple formats at the
> > moment, but as soon as we have many requests and/or complex
> > conversions everything will break down. So better create a queueing
> > mechanism right now into which we can then integrate various backends.
>
> Could we do client side conversions using Java applets or in-browser xslt?

Good idea. I know that osmarender is capable of producing SVG files that
can be viewed in Firefox. So it should be possible to hand the browser
and .osm file together with the xslt sheets and have it produce SVG
itself. (Never tried if it actually works though).