[OSM-dev] [OSM-talk] API 0.5 is on the way

Jon Burgess jburgess777 at googlemail.com
Fri Sep 21 16:19:36 BST 2007

On 21/09/2007, Frederik Ramm <frederik at remote.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > Is planet diff ready to go with the new structure, as well as planet?
>
> I haven't done anything about the planet diff, assuming (somehow)
> that osmosis would be sufficient. But I'm sure the planet diff can be
> adapted as well.
>
> Bye
> Frederik
>
> --
> Frederik Ramm  ##  eMail frederik at remote.org  ##  N49°00.09' E008°23.33'

Adapting planetdiff to the 0.5 format should be trivial since it knows
very little about the relationships between the XML tags, just so long
as the dump uses ascending IDs for all the objects and they appear in
a logical "node, way, relationships" type structure. If you can point
me at a small example of a planet.osm dump from a 0.5 setup then I'll
have a go at porting it across.

The tool will not be able to give you a diff between 0.4 and 0.5
format files, (just in case anyone wonders why the diff file will be
missing when we transition between the 2 formats).

--
    Jon