[OSM-dev] [OSM-talk] API 0.5 is on the way

Brett Henderson brett at bretth.com
Sat Sep 22 01:47:42 BST 2007

Frederik Ramm wrote:
> Hi,
>

>> Is planet diff ready to go with the new structure, as well as planet?
>>

> I haven't done anything about the planet diff, assuming (somehow)
> that osmosis would be sufficient. But I'm sure the planet diff can be
> adapted as well.
>
> Bye
> Frederik
I recently found a bug in osmosis regarding utf-8, assuming I've fixed
it (I need to test it further) it should be ready now.  Version 0.16
includes both 0.5 support (add -0.5 suffix to all task names) and fixes
the UTF-8 bug.  I still need to update it to support the new quadtile
and fixed point lat lon node table deployed over the last 12 hours and
should get that done over the next couple of days.

I'm still hoping to make planetdiff unnecessary by generating change
files directly from the database but this requires correction to the
history tables (primarily requires the addition of TIGER deletion
history rows).  *If* (and its a big if at the moment), history tables
are aligned with current tables then the current method of generating a
new planet followed by a diff file can be reversed.  A diff file would
be created directly from the database and a new planet derived based on
the old planet plus the diff.

But in the meantime I suspect it would make sense to update planetdiff
for 0.5.