[OSM-dev] Trial clickable POI layer (take 2)

Martijn van Oosterhout kleptog at gmail.com
Mon Sep 24 21:37:48 BST 2007

Ok, I've made a few changes:

1. I've moved the system to dev, which should make it more responsive.
2. I've got it to generate the symbols and rules directly from the
osmarender stylesheets, so now it supports any symbols that osmarender
does.
3. It should display "better" (ie more symbols)
4. It now has <div class="type">value</div> constructs so it should be
possible to control the display with stylesheets (havn't made any
though).

The new address is:
http://dev.openstreetmap.org/~kleptog/pois/pois.html

Now, it also takes the images used by osmarender directly, except it
uses them as PNGs. Doing it that way shows that the bounding boxes of
many icons is completely bogus. I've put up a page with the currently
recognised icons:
http://dev.openstreetmap.org/~kleptog/pois/poi-images.html

Some evidently need some work.

Note: I've found the layer somewhat flaky at times. I'm trying to see
if it can be done via some kind of tile based mechanism, but that's
going to require some serious thinking.

Have a nice day,