[OSM-dev] [Josm] [patch] JOSM 0.5 smart add node tool

Francisco R. Santos frsantos at gmail.com
Thu Sep 27 21:08:06 BST 2007

2007/9/27, Robert Hart <bathterror at gmail.com>:

> In the spirit of release early, release often, I am sharing here some
> ideas I have been playing with for JOSM.
>
> Basically, I have implemented "object snaps" for the add node tool.

[...]

> For the time being I've removed the superfluous "insert node" mode,
> but left the "connect nodes" tool in place, as they feel slightly
> different (drag-vs-multiple clicks), but ideally I'd like to get rid
> of it.

The drag could also be incorporated into this mode, so it can be also
removed. If you drag from a node to another node or to a way, it could
connect them with any of the snap modes, changing the cursor accordingly.

It'd be great to get some feedback.

I like it!. A lot!!. Could this be integrated into standard JOSM, please?

I have found a couple of bugs, however:

1- Click "Add node and connect", Add node, add other node, undo, add a third
node. A way is created from the deleted node.

2.- If two ways are connected with a node, and you connect other node using
the "waysegment intersection" (the cross icon), a duplicate node is created,
instead of reusing the previous node.

Great work!!

Regards,
Quico