[OSM-dev] Building quadtile-capable rails_port on OS X

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Fri Sep 28 18:53:26 BST 2007

In message <E78A788F-B34A-47D9-9AD7-D51930601895 at systemeD.net>
          Richard Fairhurst <richard at systemeD.net> wrote:

> I've tried it under 4.x, with a symlink from /usr/local/mysql/lib
> and /usr/local/lib: I've tried it under 5.1, specifying the
> plugin_dir as /usr/local/mysql/lib and putting it there; no joy at all.

Have you tried reading the manual page for dlopen to see what it
says about where dlopen will look for libraries?

> Alternatively, is there any way an "easy-but-slow" workaround could
> be provided avoiding the need to install the function when running
> locally?

Well in principle yes, but it would be very slow if you had much
data loaded. I'll have a look and see what I can do...

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)
http://www.compton.nu/