[OSM-dev] Empty Keys, possible planet.c problem?

Jon Burgess jburgess777 at googlemail.com
Sun Sep 30 16:26:00 BST 2007

On Sun, 2007-09-30 at 16:53 +0200, Frederik Ramm wrote:
> Hi,
> > > If it's not too much work cleaning up always sounds best.
> > 
> > Looks like this effects 431 entries:
> > 
> > $ bzip2 -dc planet-070919-070928.diff.xml.bz2 | grep -c k=\"\"
> > 431
> Funny that I only found that little then, maybe something was wrong
> with my approach. 
> > A few more than I'd be willing to do by hand but it should be possible
> > to extract the IDs, download the objects and upload the fixes.
> What I did to dump the broken objects was I used a "grep" like you did
> but added something like "-A20 -B20" to get 40 lines of context, than
> ran the following script on the results:

That script seems to work fine. I ran it on the planetdiff output and it
generated the list of 431 objects. Interestingly they are all nodes. 

I've put a copy of the 20kB compressed output at


More information about the dev mailing list