[OSM-dev] svn Account

Milo van der Linden mlinden at zeelandnet.nl
Wed Apr 2 09:01:12 BST 2008

I would vote for setting up a new renderer for this since it is a
specific maptype, for small regions on the globe. The main OSM render
server is already pretty heavilly loaded. Perhaps the dutch OSM chapter
can advice since they have done a couple of succesfull spin-off's from
the main map like the: "Carnaval-kaart" and the "Fryske-kaart"?

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely cheer for a Piste Map! But I think it's
demands will differ from the general map. For instance; I think that a
detailed hightfield would also be something that might be a requirement
for the near future. And I would also try to colorize the main map for
it to show other detail.

Some suggestions:
- Set up a new render server
- Ask the people at OSM if the domain-name skimap.openstreetmap.org can
point to this server
- Set up color and symbology schemas and start rendering
- Add this maptype to all the openlayers clients around that want to
show ski-maps.

Or am I being rude?