[OSM-dev] [OSM-talk] GSoC applications are in! MENTORS wanted

Hakan Tandogan hakan at gurkensalat.com
Tue Apr 8 10:52:38 BST 2008

> I only know Frederik of this list, perhaps the others could step forward
> and tell me who they are and what areas they would like to mentor.

Hi,

I am an self-employed Computer Scientist with lots of experience in
databases and web applications. I live and work in Germany.

In my day job, I build CMS systems and directory applications
("Telefonauskunft" in German).

During my free time, I try to build up the map-making community in and
around Turkey.

One of my last pet projects was a two-way synchronizer between the
geonames and osm databases. I designed my application to explicitly
manipulate nodes that are already in OSM so we don't run the risk of
indirectly copying data from Google Maps.

I'd like to share my ideas (and my mentoring time) with whoever builds the
"Replication of the Geoname" project. If the projects doesn't take off,
I'll continue my own private project.

Regards,
Hakan

--
The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering...