[OSM-dev] Planet dump updates to include relations as an extra file

Andy Allan gravitystorm at gmail.com
Wed Apr 9 08:41:47 BST 2008

Jon,

Given that #relations < #ways < #nodes, and you (generally) need to
know about all the relations before you process the ways, and you need
to know which ways you are interested in before deciding which nodes
to keep - would it not make sense to dump the relations into the file
first, followed by the ways, then the nodes last?

Albeit I'm only thinking of osm2pgsql, maybe there's other things that
wouldn't work this way round.

Cheers,
Andy